You got questions, we got answers!
1. What is a Cloud 9 Account & why do I need one?
Your Cloud 9 Account is your personal profile. Every guest attending Girls Just Wanna Weekend is required to have an account in order to check in. If you have attended Girls Just Wanna Weekend 2020, you already have an account & can log in HERE. If you are a first timer, register now.
Your Cloud 9 Account Allows You To:
2. When can I make my reservation?
The Public On Sale begins on May 10th at 12pm ET. All rooms are sold on a first come, first served basis – be ready right away so you don’t miss out!
3. How do I book a room?
Place a reservation by logging into your Cloud 9 Account or by clicking the “BOOK NOW” button at the top of this website.
4. What if Girls Just Wanna Weekend sells out?
We don’t want you to miss Girls Just Wanna Weekend! If the event sells out before you book a room, join the waitlist and look at social media groups related to the event to see if anyone might be trying to process a name change on their reservation.
5. I am traveling alone, are there any single occupancy rates available?
There are no single rates available for Girls Just Wanna Weekend. However, you are absolutely able to book a double occupancy room and attend alone. (In this case, you pay the full double occupancy rate of the room and have it to yourself.) If you are looking for another single traveler to pair up with, contact the Travel Team to discuss your options.
6. Can I bring my kids?
Definitely! Girls Just Wanna Weekend is fun for the whole family! Learn more about bringing your children HERE.
7. Can I add extra nights to my reservation?
Four days in paradise may not be enough. We offer a special discounted rate for guests who want to add additional nights before and after the event. Check out more information on extra nights HERE.
8. When should I add my extra nights?
Purchase extra nights when initially reserving your room or after by logging into your Cloud 9 Account. Extra nights are based on availability, so it is better to add them sooner than later. Remember that add-ons are non-transferrable and non-refundable so make sure you want the extra nights before adding.
9. How do I book extra nights?
Purchase extra nights online through your Cloud 9 Account or by calling the Travel Team. Pre & post nights must be purchased in the same room category and paid in full at the time of booking. They are non-refundable & non-transferable.
10. What’s the benefit of purchasing my extra night through Girls Just Wanna Weekend?
Girls Just Wanna Weekend offers a discounted rate & works to keep you in the same room for your entire stay.
11. What if my roommate doesn’t want to stay the extra night?
Rooms are priced based on double occupancy so you will have to pay the rate for two, even if just one of you is staying the extra night.
12. I have a friend on another reservation and we both want to do the extra night.
No problem. Contact the Cloud 9 Travel Team to make your arrangements.
13. Are there any additional fees?
There is a $45 ticketing fee in addition to the per person price that is listed. This will be calculated into the total cost of your reservation.
14. Am I able to change my room type?
Girls Just Wanna Weekend does not allow for any room downgrades. However, you can upgrade your room if there is any availability.
15. The room type I wanted is unavailable…
Book your next best option and contact the Travel Team to be placed on an upgrade list.
16. Can I increase the occupancy of my room after booking?
Yes, depending on your room type. Contact the Travel Team for help.
17. Are there any ADA accessible suites at Girls Just Wanna Weekend?
There are accessible rooms, but please be sure to notate all of your mobility and and medical conditions in your Cloud 9 Account so we can properly relay this information directly to the resort. Accessible rooms are only available in the Deluxe Gold with King bed category and do not have a jacuzzi tub, but offer a wider clearance through doorways, toilet, bathroom rails, shower benches and roll-in showers.
18. Does the Hard Rock offer wheelchairs or scooters?
No, however you can rent a wheelchair or scooter to be delivered to the resort by reaching out to Playa Mobility.
19. Can I make a room location request?
In the spirit of fairness to all guests, Girls Just Wanna Weekend and Hard Rock Hotel Riviera Maya DO NOT take room location requests.
20. Is it possible to have a room close to my friends?
You may request to be roomed close to friends by having the lead guests of the reservations all copied onto an email that states the reservation numbers and names. This is strictly a request and not a guarantee, but every effort will be taken to make it possible. Please be aware that some room categories may not have the option to be located near each other.
21. Does my Concert Courtyard Suite guarantee a view of the stage?
No. These suites are great for being footsteps away from all the action, but views of the stage are not guaranteed.
22. Where do I notate my special dietary needs?
Log into your Cloud 9 Account and update the “Dietary Requests” box.
23. What payment methods are accepted?
The initial deposit must be paid by credit card at the time of booking.
- Girls Just Wanna Weekend accepts major credit cards including Visa, MasterCard, Discover, and American Express.
- You can also enroll in our ACH Program and use a bank account for automatic payments.
- Cashier’s checks and money orders are also accepted. If sending a cashier’s check or money order, make it payable to Bromo, LLC and send to:
105 E. Atlantic Ave. Suite 200
Delray Beach, FL 33444
24. Does Girls Just Wanna Weekend automatically charge my credit card on the payment dates?
We will ONLY automatically charge the credit card on file if you opt in to automatic billing. If you select manual payments, it is your responsibility to make the scheduled payments on time. A late payment fee of $35 will be applied to reservations that do not meet the payment due dates.
25. Can I still participate in automatic billing if I don’t have a Credit Card?
Anyone with a bank account can participate in the ACH automatic billing program. Just fill out the form HERE and we will take care of the rest!
26. How do I make a payment?
Girls Just Wanna Weekend offers three payment options: pay in full, automatic billing, and manual payments. During the reservation process you will choose which option works best for you. You can opt in to automatic billing and let us take care of everything or opt out and choose to make payments on your own. See full details about our Payment Plans.
27. How do I update the card on file for my payments?
If you are on automatic billing, contact the Travel Team PRIOR to the payment date with your new card details. If you are on manual payments, you are able to submit a payment through your Cloud 9 Account using the new card number.
28. Are reservations transferable or can I change my guest?
Yes. Please click HERE to review name change fees, procedures, and deadlines.
29. If I need to transfer the reservation that was purchased during the Blind Faith Presale, will the special event featuring Brandi Carlile be transferred to the new guest?
No. Unfortunately, the special event featuring Brandi Carlile is non-transferable.
30. What if I can no longer attend?
Please refer to our Cancellation Policy. It is always a great idea to purchase travel insurance to protect yourself from the unexpected. Click HERE to receive a quote for your reservation. You can also do a name change and transfer your reservation to someone else. Check out more details on how to do a name change HERE.
1. Is this event exclusive to only women?
This is a weekend in Mexico celebrating women in rock and roll. EVERYONE is welcome from all walks of life!
2. Where will music be taking place?
Girls Just Wanna Weekend features two stages at Hard Rock Riviera Maya – the Concert Courtyard Main Stage, and the Heaven Beach Stage
3. What dates will the bands be performing?
There will be four awesome nights of music. Shows will take place on January 29th, 30th, 31st, and February 1st.
4. When will the music schedule be released?
The official music schedule will be released in the coming months. Stay tuned!
5. I’m staying in the area during your event. Can I buy a day pass to the shows?
Due to the intimate nature of the event, we do not sell day passes or tickets to the shows. All guests must book through Cloud 9 Adventures and stay at the Hard Rock Riviera Maya in order to attend the concerts.
6. Will there be any daytime activities?
Absolutely. Girls Just Wanna Weekend brings you four nights of music and even more daytime excitement. Daily programming ranges from morning yoga and poolside games, to Brandi-oke, where fans get to be the vocalists while Brandi & the twins are the backing band. Plus, there will be tons of fun for guests of all ages – from kiddos to adults.
7. How do I sign up for the activities?
Sign ups vary by activity. Some are open to all while others will have a limited number of participants chosen at random. Arrive early and enter in your name if you are interested in participating. Whether you get picked or not, we encourage all guests to stick around for the fun!
8. Will there be theme nights?
We are bringing back the Ladies of the 80s theme night! Plan ahead and pack for the party!
9. Will there be off-site excursions I can book?
Girls Just Wanna Weekend will also offer excursions for an additional cost. More details to come. Additionally, cabs are readily available from the lobbies day and night.
10. Will there be Girls Just Wanna Weekend event merchandise?
You’ll be able to buy event merchandise with all major credit cards or US currency on-site. Merchandise will be available for purchase beginning at 12 PM on January 29th until February 1st while supplies last. Merchandise will not be for sale on February 2nd.
11. How can I participate with Positive Legacy?
Positive Legacy coordinates environmental and humanitarian service projects to service the local community in Mexico. Stay tuned for more info on this year’s programs and initiatives.
12. What is a Carbon Offset?
By purchasing a Carbon Offset you are offsetting the emissions from your personal travel to the event (your carbon footprint). A $15 donation can make a big difference – donate when placing your reservation, through your Cloud 9 Account at any time, or at the event.
1. When do we check in and check out?
Check In begins at 3pm on January 29th. Check Out is by 12pm on February 2nd.
2. What is the difference between the Heaven and Hacienda side of the property?
Heaven is a bit more rock and roll and under normal resort operations is an adults only section of the resort. The Hacienda is for guests of all ages. During our event both sides are able to be accessed by all regardless of age. You’ll find various restaurants and bars on each side, so feel free to explore both!
3. How do I get back and forth between both sides of the property?
Hop on a Golf Cart! They run continuously 24/7 between both the Heaven and Hacienda Lobbies.
4. What if I have a question during the event?
The Girl’s Just Wanna Weekend Guest Relations team will be available from 10 am to 8 pm on check in day in the Convention Center and from 10 am to 5 pm in each lobby during the event. If you have a question off hours just look for a Safety Team member, they will be happy to help! The front desk in each lobby is open 24 hours a day.
5. Members of my party are arriving later than me, how can they check in?
No worries! Guests in the same reservation do not need to arrive together to check in. When you both arrive, first check in with the resort and then head over to the guest relations desk to check in with the event.
6. Is the water safe to drink?
All water served in the restaurants, buffet, and bars is bottled and all ice is made from an in-house filtration system. There will also be a supply of water in your room when you arrive. The water in your bathroom is fine to shower and brush your teeth but we recommend sticking with bottled water for drinking while in Mexico.
7. What is the currency in Mexico?
Mexican Pesos. US Dollars are also accepted however your change will be returned in Pesos.
8. Can I pay with US currency at the resort?
Yes, however your change will be returned in Pesos.
9. Is there an ATM at the resort?
Yes. There is one in both the Hacienda & Heaven lobbies that dispense Mexican Pesos. Fees will apply.
10. Can we exchange currency at the resort?
Absolutely! You can do so at the Front Desk with your Passport.
11. Where can I keep my valuables?
Every room has an electronic safe. We strongly suggest placing your passport, wallet, cash, and all other valuables inside as soon as you arrive. Girls Just Wanna Weekend is not responsible for any lost or stolen items.
12. Are food and beverages included? How many meals a day?
Absolutely. Your event package covers food and beverages, including alcohol and 24 hour room service! You can enjoy breakfast, lunch, dinner, and late night bites after the shows at no additional cost. Check out more info on the resort’s many restaurants HERE.
13. How many resort credits do I receive?
All guests receive an unlimited amount of Resort Credits regardless of the length of their stay. Then pay just 25 cents for each dollar you spend!
14. Is room service available?
Yes! Complimentary room service is available 24/7.
15. How will the resort accommodate my special dietary needs during my stay?
Upon arrival to the Hard Rock, please visit the Concierge to receive a special dietary card listing out your dietary needs or allergies, which you will be able to provide to restaurants throughout your stay. The Concierge will be located in both the Heaven and Hacienda lobbies.
16. Will vegetarian, vegan & gluten-free options be available?
The resort has a variety of options for guests with dietary needs. Vegan, vegetarian & gluten-free options are available at all meals. Be sure to indicate your request to the restaurant host upon arrival and obtain a special dietary card from the resort concierge. If you haven’t already, update the Dietary Request field box in your Cloud 9 Account. Closer to the Sun also brings chefs from the US to offer curate munchies around the resort, including vegetarian & vegan options.
17. What in-room amenities are available?
From the comfort of your room you can enjoy:
- Free international calling to the US
- Free Wifi
- Balcony or Terrace
- Electronic In-Room Safe
- In-Room Mini Bar stocked once daily
- In-Room Liquor Dispensers
- Hair Dryer
- Coffee and Tea Maker
- Iron and Ironing Board
- 32″ Cable TV
18. What are some amenities the resort offers?
The Hard Rock offers:
- Free Wifi
- Specialty restaurants and vibrant bars
- Free On-Site Parking
- Rock Spa*
- Full Service Salon*
- Woodward extreme sports center*
- Gift Shops*
- Laundry Service*
*for an additional cost
19. How do I make a spa reservation?
You can make reservations in advance of arriving by contacting the Hard Rock Vacation Planners at [email protected] Please include your Cloud 9 reservation in the request.
20. Is there a dress code during the event?
There is no dress code during the event, however shirts and shoes (flip flops ok) are required in all dining areas. The restaurants have a dress code on the pre & post nights so bring a pair of pants with you – think resort casual.
21. How much do I tip?
Tipping is customary but not expected for hotel staff such as bellmen & housekeepers. Pro Tip: Bring some single US Dollars with you to make tipping the amazing resort workers even easier. A couple dollars here or there make a big difference!
22. Are there any medical facilities at the resort?
A registered nurse with regular office hours is on the premises at the resort. In the event of a medical emergency, a qualified medical doctor is on call 24 hours a day. If a doctor is called, a charge will be put on the guest’s room. Guests with any pertinent medical information or specific medication needs are asked to notify us in advance by updating the Medical Information section of your Cloud 9 Account.
23. How does Girls Just Wanna Weekend help make sure I’m safe while at the event?
Hard Rock Riviera Maya is located just over an hour south of Cancun away from the bustle of the main tourist area on a private piece of coastline with 24 hour security at the gate. The event also brings in trained EMTs and safety specialists from the United States who are also available 24 hours a day, working in conjunction with resort security staff and local security to help guests feel an extra level of comfort away from home. Take the event offered shuttle services from the airport and you will be collected at the door and delivered straight to the event. You will be riding exclusively with other guests attending the event and will not stop at any other hotels on the way. You can expect to see name brand liquors poured by bar staff, friendly faces all around, and any help if needed just a moment away. As always, when traveling internationally use common sense, use your safe in your room, and treat others how you wish to be treated.
24. Are there any gift shops on the premises?
Yes. There is a collection of shops & boutiques to suit your fancy. Check out the shops for a wide variety of souvenirs, toiletries, beach accessories & magazines. There will also be an event merchandise stand set up selling Girls Just Wanna Weekend posters, t-shirts and other cool stuff!
25. If I am bringing my children, will our family have access to the restaurants and activities on the Heaven side of the resort?
Yes, but only during the dates of the event and not the pre and post nights. Due to the nature of our event, patrons of all ages will have complete access to the entire resort.
26. What is Woodward Riviera Maya and can I bring my own equipment?
Woodward Riviera Maya is an action park / sports complex filled with an indoor concrete skatepark, launch ramps, foam pits, ninja obstacle courses, trampolines and even a cafe snack bar. If you are an active sports enthusiast, bring your equipment along and enjoy some time shredding on your next level adventure. Please note that Woodward is not part of the all-inclusive, additional charges will apply.
27. Can I use the equipment I bring for Woodward to cruise around the resort?
No. Due to resort policies, skateboards, bicycles, roller blades, scooters and all other forms of wheeled movement are strictly restricted to Woodward Riviera Maya.
1. What travel documents do I need?
You MUST have a valid Passport to enter Mexico. There are NO exceptions.
2. What airport should I fly into?
Cancun International Airport (CUN).
3. What if I misplace my exit card issued at immigration?
Mexican citizens, US Citizens residing in Mexico, and anyone unable to present an exit card issued by immigration upon arrival into Mexico are required to pay an additional 16% tax, based on the total value of your suite, at check-in. If you are flying from the US on a Mexican passport, please ensure that you pick up an exit card BEFORE you arrive at the Hard Rock or you will be required to pay the tax.
4. How far is Hard Rock Riviera Maya from the Cancun International Airport?
Hard Rock Hotel Riviera Maya is approximately sixty minutes from the Cancun International Airport (CUN).
5. Is airfare included?
No. All guests are responsible for booking their own airfare.
6. How do I get to and from the Cancun airport?
We offer a transportation service that you can add to your reservation. Please note airport shuttles are not included in the cost of your trip. To find more information on organizing a shuttle, click HERE.
7. Are there accessible shuttles available?
Girls Just Wanna Weekend airport transportation offers ADA accessible shuttle options for those in need. Simply purchase transportation at the standard rate and contact the Travel Team to make arrangements at least 30 days prior to the event.
8. How do I add my flight information?
Click “My Account” at the top of the page, log in, and click the button that says “Enter Flight Info” under your active Girls Just Wanna Weekend reservation. Enter the flight info for you and your guest so we can ensure the smoothest arrival / departure possible.
9. How do I find the event transportation once I am at the airport?
Go through Customs and exit the airport with your luggage, then look for the Amstar representative holding the “Girls Just Wanna Weekend” sign. Shuttles are arranged based on flights, so make sure to enter your flight information in your Cloud 9 Account. An email with further details and instructions will be sent out closer to the event.
10. My flight is delayed, what do I do?
Don’t sweat it! If you have provided us with your flight info we will be tracking your arrival time and making the proper accommodations. If you are switched to a completely new flight, contact the Travel Team as soon as possible to let us know.
11. Does the event transportation run on the pre and post nights?
Yes, the shuttle will run on pre night dates & post night dates.
12. Can I meet the airport shuttle if I am staying in the area before the event?
No. Due to security at the Cancun International Airport, we cannot offer transportation services to people who arrive early and stay in the area or at a different resort. To utilize the event transportation you must be arriving into the airport and immediately traveling to Hard Rock Hotel Riviera Maya.
13. What should I pack?
Weather in Mexico this time of year is generally warm, but since most of the shows will be taking place outdoors, there is the chance of it being cool. We suggest bringing some warm clothing just to be on the safe side. Other than that, anticipate wearing t-shirts and shorts pretty much the entire time.
- Sunglasses / Hat
- Sunscreen / Aloe
- Re-useable Bottle / Cup
- Rain Gear
- Warm Clothes
- Ear Plugs
- Yoga mat for morning classes
- Your favorite festival gear
- Costumes for this year’s Theme Night
14. What should I NOT pack?
No illegal substances, alcohol, non-alcoholic beverages, food, weapons, or pets. The use of illegal drugs is strictly prohibited at Girls Just Wanna Weekend. All laws pertaining to drug use must be respected.
15. Can I bring my camera?
You may bring any kind of camera to photograph your vacation, however filming and photography during the shows is strictly prohibited. Drones are banned from Girls Just Wanna Weekend.
16. Should I be worried about Zika?
Mosquitos are a reality when traveling in Mexico. We recommend that all guests consider bringing insect repellant and wearing long sleeves and long pants if participating in excursions that include being in the jungle. The CDC makes periodic recommendations, guests should keep themselves informed HERE. Knowledge is power!
17. What is Travel Insurance and why is it beneficial?
Travel insurance is there to help you in case of an emergency. It can alleviate unexpected travel costs due to delays/cancellations, along with medical expenses in the unfortunate scenario of a hospital visit. Get a quote HERE.
18. If I have full financial responsibility, does my insurance policy cover the entire cost of the reservation?
Each insurance policy covers the per person rate of the reservation, regardless of your financial responsibility. Be sure to contact iTravel in order to make sure you are fully covered.
19. If I do a name change, does my insurance policy transfer to the new guest?
No. Insurance policies are specific to each individual who purchases the policy. The new guest will need to purchase their own policy in order to be covered.
20. How would I be able to contact family or friends back home?
Every guest room is equipped with a phone that can make complimentary local and continental US calling, but there is also plenty of wifi throughout the resort, so you can use social media sights or phone apps as a source of communication.